The Hubbard Chamber of Commerce welcomes you to our historic city! Hubbard was established in 1881 and is located at the crossroads of State Highways 31 and 171, approximately twenty-five miles northeast of Waco, in southern Hill County. Hubbard is nearly equidistant from Waco and Corsicana on State Highway 31, and Hillsboro and Mexia on Highway 171. Current population is approximately 1586.
There are many restored beautiful Victorian homes in our community which has led the Hubbard Chamber of Commerce to adopt the logo, "Hubbard, the Victorian Crossroads of Central Texas." In addition to its many Victorian homes, Hubbard has numerous amenities and significant sites and attractions for our residents.
Some of the major amenities are: a 24-hour police department; a 24-hour full-service ambulance service; a Volunteer Fire Department, a good public school system, a library, museum, drug store, day care center, numerous churches, grocery store, convenience store, hardware store, gas stations, a variety of eating establishments, public swimming pool, and numerous other shops and stores.
Our residents can also enjoy the City Lakes Complex which consists of five lakes constructed before 1899. The complex includes six full hookups and 12 additional slab sites for travel trailers with abundant picnic and tent sites. The lakes offer excellent fishing and wildlife observation opportunities. They are ample size to accommodate small outboard and troll motor boats and any size non-motorized boats and canoes. There is a pavilion with adjacent playground and a regulation size tennis court. Navarro Mills Corps of Engineers Lake and camping sites are only eight miles from Hubbard and offer endless camping and recreational opportunities.
Hubbard has several historic sites which include Historic Hubbard High School (circa 1914) which features the Wilkes Memorial Library, Hubbard History Museum, Tris Speaker Sports Museum, and the Berta Leon Hackney Antique Doll Exhibit; Fairview Cemetery (circa (1870) which is the burial site of famed Baseball Hall of Famer Tris Speaker; Historic Hubbard Fire Station and Bell Tower (circa 1904) with Tris Speaker’s name inscribed in the tower base; Hubbard Water Standpipe built in 1899; and the original Hubbard City Jail (circa 1900).
If you need more information, contact the Chamber Office at 254-576-2521.